Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Current Book Obsession...

A while back, in my most favourite local bookstore, I noticed this odd-titled book while perusing the enviro section. "'Sleeping Naked Is Green'?" I thought, "What an odd title. What does nakedness have to do with anything?" I read the back, and it sounded sort of interesting, but definitely not interesting enough for me to coax my bank account into regurgitating the funds for it, being in the middle of text-book shopping time and all.

I kept bumping into this book though, and the more I read about it, the more intrigued I became. Recently I caved and bought it, and the feeling since then has been "OMG!!!! WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS AGES AGO?!"


I love it. It's one of those can't-put-it-down-laughing-like-a-loon-while-sitting-all-alone types of books. I may have worried some of my coworkers, or boyfriend, or just people around in general with my random snickers and giggles. Vanessa Farquharson has a brilliantly witty, dry style of writing that keeps you entertained, while dealing with very real concerns for the "green" lifestyle. For someone who has likewise struggled to keep the smug out of the hippie while greening their life, I feel relieved that some of the frustrations and confusion (and yes, sometimes obsession) aren't limited to me.

In addition to the general awesomeness of the book, there are tons of great ideas for simple (and sometimes not-so-simple) green changes one can make.

If you want to see what the hype is about, but don't have or want to spend the cash for the book right know, stop by at http://www.greenasathistle.com/, which is the original blog the book is based on. It's worth it. Pinky swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment