Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy New Year!

I realize that I am a touch late with the New Year wishes, but I thought I ought to pop in and say it. I have many things to share, but I haven't had much time (or motivation--eep!) to sit down and take all the photos I might need.

My Christmas was wonderful--lots of time with family and even some crafting time in!
It was definitely a yarny Christmas-- my oldest friend took me to explore a yarn outlet store near our home town. They had wonderful prices on unlabelled mill end balls and I finally found all the colours I needed for that beautiful striped blanket I've had posted up on my cork board--all for about half of what I'd normally pay (yay!). The poor girl doesn't do any knitting or crocheting herself, but she was very patient with the excited squealing and dashing that myself and my sisters were doing, she even held my yarn basket. :)
As it ended up, she had gotten me a bit of yarn for Christmas already. 
And my sister had gotten me--quite literally--a gigantic box of yarn. 
And my darling boyfriend got me two balls of the beautiful Stitch Nation Bamboo Ewe yarn.
Needless to say, I am quite nearly drowning in yarn now. It's been a bit of a task trying to find comfortable spots for it all in my little apartment.  

Anywho, I will be back again soon, hopefully with more pictures and one or two more stories!
hope your New Year has been splendid thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment