Sunday, June 7, 2009

Victorious!

I found some! It's from Kiss My Face (www.kissmyface.com) which seems to be one of the better and more affordable companies for natural or eco-sensitive products from what I have encountered thus far. It was one of the only deodorants that stated it was biodegradable--even the Tom's of Maine company didn't (although they admittedly had much more pleasant smelling options).

In addition, while browsing the internet, I came across several sites with recipes to make your own deodorant at home. For the most part, they were quite cheap and easy to make, often using very basic ingredients that are quite natural. There are a few of such recipes on this site: http://www.thegreenestdollar.com/2009/04/how-to-make-your-own-deodorant/

If you live in the US, there's also Desert Essence Organics, which are free of just about everything in addition to being cruelty free and biodegradable. They don't make a deodorant from what I can find, but their products range from lip gloss to shampoo to sunscreen and smell heavenly. (http://www.desertessence.com/)

Just to have it said, I am in no way advertising these companies, just providing possible options for people who, like me, might be seeking some friendlier options than those most readily available to us. If you know of an eco-friendly company that you feel deserves some recognition, please send me a link!

No comments:

Post a Comment