Monday, June 15, 2009

Yarn, patterns, plants and a ridiculously easy garlic bread "recipe"

My friend's wedding this past weekend was fantastic. All five minutes of ceremony were really nice, and there were even a few laughs snuck into it (despite it typically being such a *serious* thing). The rest of the day was really pleasant, even the caterers commented on how relaxed it was and said that it was a pleasure to have been there. My friend avoided all the wedding hullabaloo and just had a short, sweet ceremony with fewer than 20 people present followed by a BBQ themed reception with a delicious buffet and casual dress. She didn't even wear a dress (good for her--she's always hated them and weddings really should be about the people getting married, not some outdated tradition no one even understands anymore). All in all, I was thrilled it went over so well.



And I got new yarn!



Isn't it just fabulous? It's cotton, too, here come the washcloths!!

Speaking of fabulous things that people can do with cotton yarn, for those of you eco-minded (or crafty minded) people out there who own a Swiffer, there is a pattern for a reusable swiffer cloth here: http://www.sugarncream.com/pattern.php?PID=3920&cps=21191
In addition to being a FREE pattern that means cheaper living (don't have to buy swiffer sheets anymore) and less waste (yay for smaller dumps!), this pattern is also ridiculously easy and works up pretty fast. There's nothing like cheap, easy and environmentally friendly.

In other news, the little plant family in my window keeps growing (in numbers, not size...hahaha, although my ivy is getting rather large). The newest addition is a pink leaf plant...no name for that one yet.
BUT I HAVE RUN OUT OF SPACE!! My window is only small, and it now has four little plants happily growing away in it. What am I going to do?!?

Finally...I am a lazy, lazy cook. I just have no patience for it! I can sit and do crafty things for hours without a break but I cannot focus in the kitchen. Furthermore, I despise doing dishes, so I generally try to avoid making too many. But I sure am a sucker for good garlic bread. So, here's my "recipe":

-Take baguette, cut horizontally through the middle (like you would for a sandwich).
-Butter both halves (depending on how much you need).
-Spread minced garlic over the butter (I used the same knife...yeah, I know I am lazy) to taste.
-Sprinkle parsley overtop to taste.
-Put in toaster oven (or oven, whatever) until butter is melted and bread is all toasty and wonderful.
EAT IT! *chomp chomp chomp*

Well, I thought it was tasty. You don't like it, don't do it. Fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment