Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What's done, what's new, what's going on

So, I randomly came across this: http://www.aanuit.nl/ and am totally in love with that silly dog lamp featured on the opening page. Hahahaha!

Other than that, I am beginning to realize that this blog seems to be getting monopolized by my eco-musings.

I also recently finished my blanket! It didn't take me as long as I had anticipated and I love it to all to bits and pieces, as my friend Julie would say.
Ready?
Here it is!
Photobucket

Now that my big project is all finished, I have to find new stuff to do with my time. I made a washcloth on the weekend, but that was quick and easy...now I am thinking about making a baby blanket for a baby I know, since Julie generously donated a whole bunch of yarn to me.
There is one other thing...or two of them, I should say.

the hideous pillow

Is that not the single most hideous cushion you have ever seen in your whole life?! I inhereted this cushion, its twin and the couch that matched it when I moved out on my own. The couch was part of a sectional that had, somewhere in history, lost the last section. It got traded off for a big, even uglier and possibly older leather couch that smelled faintly of cat pee. Such is life. Anyway, by some strange stroke of fate, luck, whatever, the cushions have remained with me even though the couch is long since gone. Now, they're not entirely bad cushions other than their astonishing (slightly hilarious) ugliness. But something has to be done! I am not even sure it's healthy to look at them too long.

So, for my next project...I think it is time for a Cushion Makeover! Any ideas for the makeover, post 'em! I am so far torn between a patchwork cover or a crocheted cover of some variety. Hmmm...choices choices.


No comments:

Post a Comment